Topic discussing DIP55

Topic discussing DIP55

This topic is a Topic to discuss the DIP55 currently being voted on.
See below for more information on DIP55
https://govern.devprotocol.xyz/0xB78c2F61501C858D6eeF78AFCe3f11a0a31DcEcC

3 Likes

As I’ve said on other chats, this DIP is good as a limit base in my opinion. The problem is, it might discourage bigger projects ( that should attract even more members and stakers ). To make it better for them, there should be a point system based on the positive impacts these projects cause on Dev Protocol.
It might be the Karma system, getting points for staking on other projects, we could also add points for attracting new members and stakers, mentioning Dev on their official pages. With these accrued points they should be able to withdrawal even more per year as well.

3 Likes

I agree. Is there a way to implement Karma into this? A project that has been helping others for some time should have a bigger withdrawal rate based on a percentage.

3 Likes

Nobody knows the “absolute answer,” so I think we should continuously upgrade this proposal. I believe in the existence of such an unknown better idea.

Karma would be one of the better ideas. Karma was implemented as a feature of Stakes.social, but if it can be generalized, it can also be applied to the protocol core.

2 Likes

Aggre, I had an idea on how to improve this DIP55 and maybe the Karma system as well.
How about introducing a point system, where points are accrued by staking on projects. Time staked will be the crucial variable here. Creators could exchange these points to increase their early withdraw limit, there could be other forms of getting points as well, raising Dev Protocol awareness, among other stuff.
This idea is based on The Palace, Stake DAO’s new system where stakers get these points and can use it to buy NFTs, that have some sort of power in the platform, and the points have more uses as well but they’re not yet revealed.

1 Like

For stakers, these points could also be useful somehow, maybe create DEV NFTs that benefit the holders? Maybe reducing staking gas costs ( subsidizing ), increasing the share of OSS tokens on the Treasury to these NFT holders, access to a new future dapp, share of a community fund, etc.

I think the idea is interesting.
However, DIP55 was passed by governance, so if we want to incorporate this idea, I think we have two choices: we can have another governance vote, or we can proceed as a separate DIP from DIP55.

1 Like

I think it’s an interesting idea.
I think it’s better to discuss this idea more, so I think it’s better to make a Topic for this idea and discuss it there. Because this Topic is about DIP55

Time has passed, so I’d like to close this Topic in a little while