A proposal regarding the direction of the protocol and the specifications that should be provided.
- Dev Protocol realizes “maximizing creativity” and builds a decentralized infrastructure for creators.
- Dev Protocol is a unique protocol that can comprehensively support functional separated equities/incentives/governance for creators, and fan communities, with simple dynamics.
- Compatibility with the already discussed gDEV, sTokens, Governance Dapps, and Staking Perks.
- Additional implementations are Slashing and a preferential scheme for excellent projects.
Dev Protocol is committed to “maximizing creativity,” The scope to cover is not limited to financing. However, the scope currently achieved is extremely limited.
The goal is to create many positive loops―funded projects build a stronger creative foundation, stronger creative foundations bring more active and reliable creative activities, and more active and reliable creative activities attract larger stakes and fans―and improve the usefulness of Dev Protocol in those loops.
Before DIP-4, Dev Protocol was designed to increase or decrease staking rewards based on a quantitative evaluation of OSS. For example, positive indexes like the number of OSS downloads. However, that specification led to a concentration of staking and was abolished by DIP-4. Currently, staking rewards are calculated only by the number of stakes. In addition, there are concerns that positive indexes are vulnerable to manipulation by bots, larger time lag, and oracle cost increase, and there are creative areas that have difficulty evaluating quantitatively. Because of those concerns, the positive indexes were not suitable as a factor for calculating rewards.
Therefore, I propose a negative index, Slashing, and a preferential scheme for excellent projects.
- A keeper or DAO( tentatively called the Stoppage Observer) reports Property tokens containing assets that have already been stopped and put them in the Slashing queue.
- Property tokens queued by the Stoppage Observer are slashed after a council review.
- Slashed Property tokens lose all unclaimed rewards and can no longer be staked.
- Projects that aren’t slashed for a long time get an active coefficient and get bigger creator rewards.
People’s stakes prove the continuation of creation. And the number of stakes proves the reliability of the creation.
Projects funded by early-stage staking will use Governance Dapps and others to build a more active and reliable creative foundation. Or use Staking Perks and others to boost the seed funding by distributing some of the Property tokens to the initial stakers or offering unique perks. And as the project grows into a stronger project, the creator gets bigger stakes.
With the Proof of Creation, the protocol brings a positive growth loop to all creators and backers.
- Dev Null AG / FRAME00, inc.
- Not decided yet