Is Dev still a living project?

Hi, i’m just wondering if Dev is still living, or if it is a dead project. We’ve not heard from the team for quite some time now, the telegram is dead and filed with bots, there has not been any major public communication on social medias for some time and when there is it’s not followed by much people, there is not a clear roadmap, and so on…
So my question is : is anything important planned to revivify Dev, or is it going to die like so many other crypto projects ?

1 Like

The value of the platform is directly proportional to the community that uses it. The only community that Dev Protocol managed to build was a strong crypto community, sadly it was ignored to prioritize a OSS developer community that was non-existent.

The crypto community noticed that and over the time we have been losing them, one by one. Until someone with a real product and community vision takes the lead of the protocol, more crypto community members will abandon ship, and it’ll continue in this death spiral.

The team continues to develop and communicate daily according to firm milestones to shape this year’s movement. The team was announce Clubs, and on June 6, its first product will coming.

And the core team is working hard to fundraising, in the near future we will close the round and going to releasing todo’s to form a position at top speed. And we will also publish an updated roadmap. Please wait and see.

1 Like

A positive spiral is coming. With a clear roadmap to facilitate all creators to grow their own economy through DAO.

3 Likes

It is obvious project is alive as you can get daily response from official team members and progress is shared everytime. Just this month, clubs is coming to space and more daos will build on it definetly :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for the inputs, team will consider them as a feedback. But, I can see team working hard to bring new methods to onboard not just developers but other creators as well. Clubs will be a big hit.
Other than that, community is trying to involve OSS folks in protocol and ecosystem development. Everyone is welcomed to give their opinion and more than welcome to contribute.
They have also partnered with chainwhiz (https://app.chainwhiz.app/), created bounties and paid them in $DEV.

4 Likes

Thanks for writing your opinion here! :dizzy:
Maybe there might be misunderstanding between “use cases of protocol” and “contributions to protocol”.

1. As for use cases, Dev Protocol is for supporting creator economy and it supports YouTube and Discord already in 2022 not only OSS. The team has been answering all questions from third-party players building Dapps and once their Dapps are released, they will bring big impact for the Web3 creator economy!

2. As for contributions to protocol, there is no doubt that the OSS community has more contributions because they have positive mind of collaboration and skills of building. The team started “Community builders program” and sub community “WebXDAO” since last year and contributors are increasing at fast speed.

DAO allows everyone to be involved autonomously, rather than relying on the specific core team, so we all are setting up environment for anyone to participate in this DAO for the growth of the community.

4 Likes

Every project is having a bad time so its not only dev and that gives hope iff the market was doing good and dev not than it would be an other story.

4 Likes

I understand that the telegram is not as informative as Discord in terms of Dev Protocol community, but it’s not dead. Also, the situation of the telegram doesn’t mean that Dev is dead or subject to revivify. Dev is an ongoing project.
I feel sorry for not getting enough information about roadmaps, future plans, etc, but if you could come to Dev Protocol’s Discord community, I’m sure you can get sufficient information from staff members, creators, their fans, and builders.
Joining Discord doesn’t only give you information but also give you a chance to be more deeply connected to the community.
The team is also doing their best to send the same messages to Telegram users as they do to Discord community by introducing official accounts and bots. If you have any other ideas, please let us know.

In addition to joining the community in Discord, having newsletter subscription and joining builders programs will let you know much information about Dev.

3 Likes